||Olon Industries Inc.
||Tuesday, July 10, 2012
||Tuesday, July 24, 2012
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To support and maintain the network infrastructure across all locations.
- Ensure optimal operations of all network hardware, equipment, and solutions including WAN, routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, telephone system, etc.
- Prioritizes and assesses situations or tasks with the intent of committing time to the most critical or key objectives,
- Ability to work independently with demonstrated superior communication skills; able to build rapport with team members and stakeholders using a variety of techniques from initiation to close,
- Provides support to remote and internal users by giving sufficient explanation and commits to consistent follow-up to ensure tasks are completed on time and to standard,
- Builds co-operative and supportive relationships with team members both internal and external to the organization,
- Determines the true nature of the problem rather than deal with its symptoms,
- Responsible to ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems,
- Provides Level 1 Navision Support,
- Installs, configures and maintains organization's workstations and helps determine purchases of hardware and software,
- Stays abreast of technical developments in the field in order to effectively apply acquired knowledge,
- Incorporates professional expertise into projects and new initiatives,
- Design, implement and maintain the current and next generation of network systems,
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures,
- All other duties as required.
2 - 4 years of relevant technical experience,
Windows 2003/2008 server, Windows XP/Windows 7, and networking experience in a complex, multi-vendor network environment,
Experience working with Cisco switches and routers,
Hands-on experience with Navision, Citrix, MS-Windows, VMWare, Symantec, Blackberry and Microsoft Exchange 2007 desired,
Experience with network security with Windows 2003/2008 and Cisco devices,
Ability to work independently or as part of a team on multiple projects while meeting deadline demands,
Excellent communication skills,
Interpersonal skills to interact with various levels of employees and managers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/ TRAINING:
Bachelor`s degree in Computer Science or other business related discipline, Community College Diploma or equivalent,
Project Management Certification would be considered an asset,
Windows 2003/2008 certification (MCSE) an asset,
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF JOB:
- Plant/ Office Environment
How to Apply
Applicants can apply for employment using one of the following methods:
E-mail your resume to email@example.com. If you are applying to more than one job vacancy, please send an e-mail for each job you are applying for. When applying to a job vacancy, you must include the position title on your resume and in the subject line of your e-mail
Fax your resume to (905) 877- 7383. If you are applying to more than one job vacancy, please fax a separate resume for each job you are applying for. When applying to a job vacancy, you must include the position title on your resume.
Via mail or in person
Please drop off your resume between the hours of 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, or mail to:
Human Resources Department
42 Armstrong Avenue
Olon Industries is an equal opportunity employer.