UBC Forestry Co-op Program
Wood Products Processing
There are still 2nd, 3rd and 4th year co-op students available for work terms this summer!
Why hire a Co-op Student?
- Co-op students are keen to work and apply the knowledge they have gained from their B.Sc. Wood Products Processing degree and previous work terms.
- Sometimes a fresh perspective can help to identify problem areas in a process or system. Students who are new to this industry may see your company operations from an entirely different point of view.
- Become a mentor. Give someone in your company an opportunity to influence a young person’s life, and teach them all that they know.
- Make hiring a co-op student part of your long-term recruitment strategy. Co-op students share their work term experiences with classmates and some return to their co-op employer upon graduation. The co-op student you hire this summer could one day be an added new member of your engineering or management team.
- Be a part of the educational process. Your company can play an important role in the program, providing the practical work experience that will strengthen the quality of the Wood Products Processing degree.
- For almost 70% of co-op students, the sector where they find their first co-op position is the area they choose for their initial career. If you want more graduates working in your sector, hire them and set them on their way.
What can a Co-op Student do for you?
Students can assist with a range of projects and day-to-day work, including:
- Write standard operating, safety, or quality assurance procedures
- Conduct material flow analysis or time and motion studies
- Prepare feasibility studies and cost-benefit analysis
- Conduct market research, data analysis, and write reports
- Assist in re-engineering of production processes
- Track sources of losses or down graded material
- Assist with product research and development
- Develop and implement quality control programs
When are Co-op Students available?
Students are available for full-time employment during the following time-frames:
- June - August: 2nd year students
- May - August: 3rd year students
- May - August/December: 4th year students
How to hire a Co-op Student
Submit a Job Description
The Co-op Office will …
· Send you resumes one week after you post
· Set-up interviews with students you select
· Confirm employment offers
Need more information?
Contact Barbara Bremner at 604-822-4793 or email@example.com.
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.8/1363 - Release Date: 4/7/2008 8:56 AM